Advanced Diploma in Tourism Management
The Advanced Diploma in Tourism Management is designed to provide candidates with an understanding of the international tourism industry and to develop skills in management and leadership required for the international tourism industry.
The qualification also develops candidates' strategic planning skills specific to the tourism industry which includes an awareness of the issue of sustainability in relation to destination planning and management, as well as developing candidates' ability to develop new tourism packages and products.
The qualification prepares candidates for middle management roles within the tourism industry by ensuring candidates understand the issues in relation to the development/planning, marketing and management of tour operations.
The qualification also enables candidates to develop wider transferrable skills need at middle management levels such as management accounting, human resource management and research skills.
Registration is limited to students of minimum 18 years of age
- Minimum A Level or equivalent
- Some work experience in the field of hospitality and tourism is advantageous.
English Language Requirements
IELTS 5.0 or equivalent. Students who have an IELTS score 4.5 are required to attend an extra 3 hours of English language tutorials per week for one semester along with the main course of study.
This qualification consists of six mandatory units. Candidates must achieve a pass in each unit to be awarded the qualification.
- Human Resource Management
- Management Accounting
- Management Research Report
- Strategic Management in Hospitality and Tourism
- Sustainable Tourism & Destination Management
- Tour Operations
12 months Full time
Candidates who successfully achieve the Advanced Diploma in Tourism Management can progress directly onto the third year of a Bachelor Degree in Hospitality and Tourism at one of the following Universities:
- Bournemouth University - final year of Hospitality and Tourism Degree
- Thames Valley University - second year of BA (Hons) in Hospitality and Tourism Studies
- Middlesex University (Dubai) - second year BA (Hons.) Major in International Tourism Management
- Birmingham University - second or final year BA (Hons) International Hospitality and Tourism Business Development
- University of Sunderland - final year BSc (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management
- London South Bank University - second or final year of BA (Hons) Tourism and Hospitality
As an alternative to the university route you can pursue the CTH Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management.
Successful candidates of the Advanced Diploma in Tourism Management have also secured supervisory positions in major tour operators and travel management companies.
Potential job occupations
- Event and Exhibition Organiser
- Holiday Centre/Worker Manager
- Holiday Representative
- Tour Manager
- Tourist Guide
- Tourist Information Centre Assistant
- Travel Agent
- Extended student visitor visa for migrants studying English language courses...
- Government sets out proposals for major reform of the student visa system...
- Online booking system is now available...
- Sponsor management system, online sponsor application and points-based calculator unavailable on Saturday 27 November...
- Revised policy guidance following Pankina judgments...